The ultimate in sound and comfort. Viola shoulder rest by Pirastro.
- Adjustable to each individual by bending
- Lets your instrument sound freely
- Featherlight construction in highest quality maple
- First shoulder rest using bendable tone wood which can be adjusted to the shape of the shoulder
- Offers extensive and very precise personal adjustment of position, height and tilt
- Brings out a much wider dynamic range from the instrument
- Minimal use of rubber improves sound characteristics
- Designed to complement the timeless beauty of the violin
Inspired by the exceptional qualities of the Pirastro KorfkerCradle® together with violinist Berent Korfker, Pirastro has dedicated several years to the development and testing of the Pirastro KorfkerRest®.
What Pirastro say about the collaboration:
During this once in a lifetime collaboration, no stone was left unturned in the quest for the ultimate shoulder rest. Every part of this groundbreaking design has been painstakingly tested for sound properties and stability, resulting in a freedom of sound, expanded projection, and revolutionary security and comfort unmatched by any other shoulder rest. Pirastro achieved its goal of maximum freedom for the instrument by using many of the design features of the Pirastro KorfkerCradleÃ‚Â® and the same superior materials. The revolutionary light weight and exceptional tonal compatibility of the Pirastro KorkferRestÃ‚Â® are the result of its high quality maple tone wood and a custom-made sound neutral aluminium alloy. The sleek, secure attachment feet add a minimum of weight to the design and only touch the violin on its very edge. With the use of bendable maple, hand finished and varnished to the highest standard, Pirastro presents yet another innovation to the string world. For the first time, a wooden shoulder rest can be bent to achieve the best possible fit. Combined with an extensive adjustment mechanism, it offers the user an unrivalled level of comfort.